Friday, May 7, 2010

Meatless Mondays

I first heard of Meatless Mondays here.



Their idea is to reduce meat consumption 15% in order to improve our personal health by lowering cancer risk, heart disease, and improve overall diet, all while helping the planet.

I love the idea and I'm looking forward to starting this Monday.

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/frontpage/

Some of my favorite vegetarian meals:
Falafel
Vegetable burrito
Vegetable lasagna

Quinoa and roasted vegetable salad
Veggie Quiche
Mushroom tart

4 comments:

  1. I've heard of this with the celebs NIkki! I might give it a whirl with you! I've cut out Beef for the last 3 1/2 weeks. What's another day with absolutely no meat? I see a lot of instant noodle mondays for me. :)
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was a vegetarian for over a decade (and still 99%, just now i make an exception for sushi!) and this is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could be really good! Can I PLEASE have your recipe for Meatless Lasagna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MoMo.. Here is the recipe I like :http://www.life123.com/food/italian-food/lasagna/vegetable-lasagna-recipe.shtml

    I love it b/c it uses ricotta cheese instead of cottage! yum
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely thoughts xx Nikki

With Love, Nikki