Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chocolate Almond Cranberry Bark

Bark-4

Chocolate bark is one of those treats that usually turn up at Holiday parties, and I'm always reminded of how much I love it. Whether it's filled with assorted nuts, dried fruit or chopped pretzels, the result is always festive and fun to eat. The cranberries in these add a pretty touch of color and the almonds offset the sweetness of the chocolate perfectly. They turned out so delicious, I decided to bag them up to accompany Christmas gifts for my family.

Bark-1
Bark-2
Bark-3

Bark-5

A fabulous and easy recipe for any holiday get together!



Recipe:
12 oz dark chocolate
5 oz chopped almonds
5 oz chopped dried cranberries
1/2 cup heavy cream

Melt chocolate over double boiler, stirring constantly (5 minutes)
Add heavy cream as you stir.
Mix in chopped almonds and cranberries.
Pour into foil lined container and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from foil, chop and serve.
Yields approx 15 pieces.

20 comments:

  1. Nothin wrong with that! Sounds delish! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! What a great gift idea and how simple and cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!!! and delicious! As you know, I tried making bark for the first time this past weekend, but I didn't add any heavy cream.. I'll have to try that next time! Cranberry + Almond + Chocolate = perfection. Everyone is going to LOVE it!! XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! this looks so yummy. I am definately gonna try this out!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM-O!!!! Everyone is making holiday treats, and I am trying to stay away for fear of eating it ALL!!! But this may have been the last straw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the perfect holiday gift for anyone... even those who dont eat chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bloggy partner posted her peppermint bark the other day...I'm loving your spin on bark! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks insane, Nikki! I actually made some bark last night too! I couldn't stop eating it. I love that you added cranberries.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks SO delicious! I might have to make these for a few gifts this year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following your beautiful blog now xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so tasty! I love chocolate bark with pretzels in it -- perfect combo of flavor and texture.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothing better than dark chocolate and almonds together! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so good! I want you and Carrie from This Free Bird to come to Canada and teach me how to bake and cook! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum...the perfect gift for my neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't believe how easy this is! Definitely trying it out, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Outstanding article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. It may be very beneficial for me. You might also like this website which is for fashion bags:Lady Leather Bags

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely thoughts xx Nikki

With Love, Nikki