Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Italian Wedding Soup with Chicken Meatballs.

italian wedding-1
My first taste of Italian wedding soup came in high school when I worked in a Cafe after school and sampled all the soups constantly. I was fascinated by eating tiny meatballs in a soup. I always order Italian wedding when out, but never thought to make my own until last week when I was hit with a horrible sore throat. I made several changes to this recipe, including substituting spinach with kale, pasta with white navy beans, adding 2 small chopped potatoes, generous sprinkles of cayenne pepper and replacing 1/2 the chicken stock with water. I've been eating leftovers all week and it's officially my new "feel better" meal.

italian wedding-5

italian wedding-4

italian wedding-3

13 comments:

  1. This looks SOOOOO delicious!! I love all of the changes you made too! I can't wait to try it some time :) XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this soup so delicious! Funny thing is that I was born and raised in Italy, but I never heard of this soup until I moved to Canada!
    xo
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WILL be making this - this week end for sure!!! Italian wedding is my favorite to order at diner too! The substitutions you made are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks insane, Nikki! I need to make it right away. I love all your substitutions too. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, this looks AMAZING!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm basically starving. i've never had this before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only ever had this kind of soup at Olive Garden, but yours looks even better! (And to clarify - this is high praise coming from me. I LOVE the Olive Garden.) I'm def bookmarking this recipe!!

    xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! Can you send me some?;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorites.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely thoughts xx Nikki

With Love, Nikki